Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dear Burbles -- Month 14

Dear Burbles,
I'm sorry I didn't write for Month 13. I have kind of been on vacation from blogging. I don't really have a reason, just that I haven't felt like doing it. I'm sorry. You are worth a better excuse than that, but I do not have one for you.
Watching you grow and change has been so great lately. You have such a wide range of facial expressions and you use them to convey what you are trying to say. You have such joy in your eyes, or anger in your brow, or light in your smile, or curiosity in your scowl. You really aren't talking with your voice a whole lot, but you sure do talk with your face. Oh, and you really let us know if something is wrong. You have no trouble using a high-pitched squawk if you are having problems with your brother or if you just do not like the situation. You are a girl who knows what you want. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you shouldn't want something that you know is right. As far as verbal communication goes, you say "Hi, da.", "All done", "Duck", and "Hat". Hopefully you will start saying more soon.
Physically, you are walking. In this past week you have finally started to really walk. You now choose to walk instead of crawl, which is a step (pun intended) in the right direction. You really get around well and you are becoming more confident in yourself. Today you started crawling up on things. You are exploring your ability to climb onto the couch and chairs. Your brother even allows you to walk without pushing you down. The two of you seem to be getting along a little better now that you are able to defend yourself more. Biting was and is the way that you seem to have gotten ahead of your brother's meanness. Now, I do not condone this behavior, but I think that it has taught him that if he bites you, you can bite him back. You two bit each other for a few weeks before you seemingly called a truce. I hope you don't continue to bite now that that stage is over, but I'm sure somewhere down the line you will. Biting is not nice.
We will be going on vacation for a while sometime before I write your next letter. I can't wait for you to see all of the things that we will see. You will have fun, I'm sure. We'll talk more about that later, though.
You are getting bigger and stronger and more fun each and every day.
We love you more each day,
Mom

No comments: