Monday, October 20, 2008

The Results

Well, it is the day after... and I am happy. Even more happy that I have had pretty good results tonight as well. Captain is in bed or on his floor or by the door or wherever he may have fallen asleep. He is safe and sleeping. Mommy is happy. As for the morning: Fundi got home at 6 this morning and Captain was awake. Fundi went and changed his pull-up and took him back downstairs. I woke up at about 7:20. At about 7:30, I thought I heard someone, so I went and looked. I knocked on his door so as not to startle him but then I heard something in the other room. Burbles was awake, so I got her and listened while Captain snored right next to the door. He must have fallen asleep with his head next to the door because he was pretty loud. Burbles and I came upstairs and at about 7:45, Captain woke up. I'm terribly impressed! He and I were both in a much better mood today. We were hanging out, reading books, laughing, playing... just like we are supposed to and no one was short of sleep. Naps went well today too. I can only hope that we are turning a new leaf as far as the sleeping situation is going to go.
More news: we have a trip planned for December to Branson, Missouri. On a whim today, I called the resort we will stay at and asked if we should purchase show and activity tickets prior to arrival or look for deals once we actually arrive. Thankfully, I called... unfortunately the answer was that we should get our tickets prior to arrival as most shows are sold out during the Holiday season. This means that we have to make decisions, but in looking on the Internet and researching all of the things there are to do, I get more and more excited about the trip. Anyhow, that is what I'm working on right now. Oh, and I'm watching Baby Mama and Heroes tonight. We are going to the zoo this week! I'm excited, but so are the kids. Last night while we were in town, the American Queen was ported. I took the kids down to look and watch the beautiful boat. Today Captain was able to tell me what we had done yesterday. He told me how the boat lowered its smoke stacks and played the calyapy as it left the port. The kids were swaying to the rhythm and Captain even recognized one of the songs and sang along. It is so neat when little things like this happen and we are able to take the time to recognize new events and things that are going on. I can't help but think of other families and how they would deal with such things. Would they be too busy to pull over and walk in the park when something neat is going on or would they be ahead of the game and have planned for such events. Do people with kids play things by ear or is it necessary to plan every minute? Sure, we were late in getting dinner and we were late in getting home and we were late in getting to bed, but I would like to think that Captain, and maybe Burbles, got a little something out of the experience. Those are the types of things that are fun for me as a mom. The unplanned (or planned) learning experiences.

No comments: