Thursday, September 6, 2007

Tagged

The Rules: Post the rules before you give the facts. Post eight random facts about yourself. At the end of your blog post, you need to tag eight people and list their names. Leave the people you tagged a comment on their blog, letting them know that they've been tagged.

I was tagged by The Other Lion and Jennie.

1. I am so uncreative about this kind of thing that I actually dread them coming. I think of all sorts of responses to other blog entries like this but I can't actually be original enough to come up with some of my own.

2. I brought a scorpion back from Florida once. I don't know how it happened. I got home with Fundi late at night. We didn't carry our luggage in and it was REALLY COLD (as in below zero) and we went to sleep. Got up the next morning. Fundi carried my stuff in the house and then left to go back to his parents house and then to his house and unpack his stuff. I started unpacking and pulled out the odds and ends suveniers I had collected in the front pocket of my bag. I screamed and then threw everything in my hand down on my futon. There was a scorpion (to this day still deathly afraid) that was about three inches long and an inch and a half wide. Dead. I went into my mom's room and woke her up. I was crying and said "Mom...sob...sob...sob... what do you know about scorpions?" Then I totally broke down. She calmed me and then I called Fundi to let him know that he should check his luggage. He asked "well is it dead?" I said "Yeah" and hung up. Then I got to thinking.... scorpions, like spiders, can get cold and then warm up again... sure enough, I went back and the scorpion was alive and walking around in the box I had put him in. That started a whole new round of histerics. I couldn't breathe, I cried so hard, and I was shaking. Mom called Fundi and about an hour later I was calmed enough. I stuck the dumb thing in the freezer. That was 4 years ago and I think the thing is still in there. What would I have done had it bit me? Call the doctor... "yeah, um, I think I was stung by a scorpion." "Yeah, I know it is February." "Yeah, I know it is Wisconsin." "No, I haven't done any drugs." "No anti-venom available?"

3. The other morning I heard a radio broadcast about who is at fault if a child does poorly in the classroom. One mother insisted that it was entirely the teacher's fault. Another mother insisted that it was the parent's fault. Yet another mother insisted that it was the child's fault. SICK! Couldn't it be a combination? Couldn't someone be a poor teacher or a poor student or a poor parent or some random combination of the above? Isn't the real question here: Why can't anyone take responsibility for their actions? It takes a village...

4. There is no way in this world that I can snorkel in sea water. I found this out the hard way. I asked on the scorpion trip to Florida about how to snorkel. "If you can swim you will be just fine. Just jump in." So I just jumped in. Sputtered about, threw up a few times, pushed fish away from my face, got back in the boat, threw up some more... it was not pretty.

5. I don't like swimming anywhere but a pool for fear of something (like a fish) nibbling on me.

6. I am becoming more and more afraid of spiders... very scorpion-like.

7. I do a great job of shopping for stuff to use in scrapbooking. I don't do such a good job of getting that stuff used. I need to make more of an effort to get the lead out and scrap.

8. I enjoy playing BINGO. I even have a BINGO bag to carry my daubers in.

I'm tagging
Auntie R
Sister B
Gummie
Sister-in-Law J
A from Cali
Lori
Cousin Julia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 19. Lucky people were able to have me off the road until then. I used to brake for squirrels when I was underage.
2. I wanted to be an opera singer when I was a kid. I used to sing alot when riding my bike. My poor neighbors.
3. I have chewed tobacco and smoked cigars.
4. What happens in New Orleans, stays in New Orleans.
5. My second cousin is married to the brother of Merlin Olson. Merlin was the FTD flower guy and he played on Little House on the Prairie. (He also played pro football in the 1970's)
6. I love ducks. (Okay, most people know that.....but some don't)
7. I do not enjoy diving into water. It is almost a phobia.
8. Were we supposed to do 8 of these? My memory is failing me. That's my last one. My memory does REALLY suck~