Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Weekend Summary

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't blogged for a while. I have been so busy working my Usborne business. I attended that conference on Saturday. It went really well and I learned some really cool things about different UBAH programs. I am ordering the Your Baby Can Read program and can't wait to start it with the kids. I watched only about a minute of the testimonial DVD and I was goose-bumpy and teary-eyed. Then people in the crowd started talking about the results that they had seen with the program. I'm as so excited. This is definitely something I want to make other people aware of and now I feel prepared to do it.
Another program I am absolutely excited about it a program called Literacy for a Lifetime. This program matches grants and donations at 50% with $200 minimum. It is neat because anyone who has grant or donation money can make it stretch. $200 turns into $300; $400 into $600; etc. And, the best part about it is that there is only one piece of paperwork and it is very simple. Not a bunch of hoops to jump through. Easy for the customer and easy for the consultant.
I also have been working really hard on getting everything together for the Spring Bazaar. Yesterday I secured a woman who will give free 5-10 minute massages to the people attending the Bazaar. So cool. Can't wait for that. I am still waiting on a bunch of people to get back to me, but hopefully those calls and emails will start coming in soon.
The kids have been spending a lot of time with Fundi. I enjoy hearing the stories from him about the things that they did during the times I am gone. The other day while I was at my Convention, I called home and asked to say Hi to the kids. Captain said "Hi, Mommy." and I just about cried. What a little sweetie. Of course, Burbles didn't say much if anything, but it was neat to know that she listened to what I was saying to her. I also got to meet a bunch of cool people at the Convention.
I'm very excited about something that could be happening today, but I can't say anything or someone might get in trouble, but what I can say is that there either could be a big change or no change at all. I'm voting for a BIG CHANGE! I'll let you know more when I can.
Have a good day, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the convention went well. It must have been nice to get a little "adult time" away! The scholarship program reminds me of Doallars for Scholars that my mom participated in when I was little. Can't wait to read the news;) Do you have a Carlos O'Kellys near you? If so, I could donate some free dinner promos for your bazaar. Let me know.

Anonymous said...

Big Change? Potty training? Nah, Roland wouldn't get in trouble for that....something someone could get in trouble for huh? Okay, you've sparked my curiousity. Do tell........soon.

Anonymous said...

Where's our secret? Did you get the promos I mailed, and my little "surprise" for you?