Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Circus

Here is the crew waiting for intermission to be over. We had a really great time at the Circus and the whole day was a great experience. It was so much fun to watch the kids having a good time. Everyone was well-behaved and attentive.
Z smiling pretty for the camera.
Fundi, Captain and Fiona rode on an elephant. Captain has been talking about it all day. I think they had a great time. No one even freaked out, which was surprising and exciting at the same time.
It was a BIG elephant. From the stands it didn't look so big, but once you were on the ground standing beside it, is was pretty tall.
Burbles and Captain sitting like big kids on the fold-out stadium chairs. Captain isn't really drinking the Pepsi, although he would have liked to have been. Fundi, Captain, Burbles waiting for the Circus to start.
Captain eating Cotton Candy. Now, typically this isn't my parenting style (to say the least), but I couldn't help but to let him indulge a little bit. I figured that he would love it, but he really didn't care much for it, and he refused to take any after about the third small bite that I gave him.
Fundi, on the other hand, enjoyed the Cotton Candy as much as I did.
Here I am with the kids.
Before we went to the Circus, we went to Chuck E. Cheese. Burbles and Captain both enjoyed the mechanical band at the front of the restaurant. We sat front and center so that it was like a kid-friendly dinner theater (a real dinner theater? now that would be a novel idea...)
Captain sat by the "Puppy". Now, I don't know what kind of puppy this was supposed to be, but I can say that we don't have much experience with mice (which is a great thing) so he just didn't know that Chuck E. Cheese was a mouse... didn't get that connection.... the cheese/mouse thing. He is too young for that yet, I think.
Burbles sitting next to him now. I don't know what she was thinking.... probably "why is this thing moving and where can I hold on"
Bob the Builder here, but he just liked the bull dozer idea. Doesn't know a think about Bob the Builder.
Monster Trucks, now there is something he can figure out. This one tipped backward, forward, sideways, and shook. He wasn't terribly thrilled about all of this, but he and Fiona did fine together.Now, who can go to an arcade without playing skee-ball? NOT ME! It is my favorite and Fundi played for the first time. Captain is just obsessed with the balls.

No comments: