Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Long Week

I don't really have all that much to tell you. I have been working on planning my Spring Bazaar. I'm excited at what is going on with it and need to start getting my things together for my table. I ended up at Kinkos yesterday making copies of Customer Specials and Hostess Specials. I then called my sister B and we met up at Olive Garden and ate lunch with the four kids and two adults. After lunch, we ventured over to Target where I intended to walk around with B as she looked for items on her list including a toddler car seat for Nibble. Now, at that time, I had a moment: I remembered that my baby girl is going to be a year old in a month in a half and that means that she gets to have a new car seat. So, now I need to go shopping. I remember how much time I spent researching and finding the perfect seat for Captain, and I know Burbles deserves just as much research, but I think it may just be easiest to buy the same seat we have for Captain. Although it is a little big, he seems very comfortable and has good head support. The car seat is also very easy to use. The car seat that I speak of is the Graco Toddler SafeSeat. This is not the exact style because apparently the style we have is no longer available. There is a cute girl pattern called Natalie, but I don't know. Anyhow, so this past weekend I was able to get away from the kids for almost a whole day to scrapbook. It was really nice and I got some pages done and it felt good to be out amongst the people of the world. Then on Sunday we went to church. It was a great sermon and maybe I'll be able to get the letter that Father read during church. Then it was such a nice day that we went to Grumpa E's house and Captain got to go on a snowmobile ride. He wasn't thrilled at first but after a couple of loops, he didn't want to get off. That night we had a Birthday party for Fundi. It was fun and I'm always so proud when things go off without a hitch. Then the week started. And I really haven't had much time to do anything since. I have gotten to watch Big Brother, though, and I would like to say that I am enjoying this season. I caught a terrible cold sometime since Sunday. It isn't terrible in that I am down and out, but I am just so congested and have a lot of head pressure. I have also had some trouble sleeping. Last night in particular was plagued with dreams of the Spring Bazaar, unpreparedness, and a lack of room for all of the vendors. All of these things I hope will not be issues, but I have been thinking about how things will play out, so all of this is understandable. I have put so much work into planning and getting vendors and sending out things to the vendors and making sure that everyone was on the same page and advertising.
Thursday night, Grumpa E came over to play with the kids in the afternoon. He was reading a book to Captain and they were talking about the pictures. One of the pictures was a puppy. Captain got all teary and his voice quivered. He got off Grumpa's lap and walked half-way to the door pointing. He said in this break-my-heart voice: "Puppy broken. Elephant broken." When I asked him to repeat what he had said, he said it again and got even more teary and sad. I was at a loss for what was happening. We had talked about any number of things including the elephant ride at the circus. Click. At the circus (4 days prior), there had been a clown during acts. The clown brought out three stuffed animals: a giraffe, a lion, and an elephant. He stood them up in a line and took out a large cardboard key. He cranked (with dramatic sound effects) the lion up and then walked around the ring marching to the music. Of course, the lion didn't follow. He kicked the lion across the ring. Then came the giraffe with the same theatrics. Third was the elephant. The clown cranked and started marching to the music, and the elephant followed. About three-quarters of the way around the ring, the elephant slowly tipped over as though running out of gas. The clown cranked the elephant again. The same thing happened. And again. Finally, the clown cranked and cranked and cranked and cranked. The ring-master asked the clown to stop so that the elephant wouldn't break. The clown didn't listen, and sure enough, every time the clown stood the elephant up and the music started, the elephant tipped over. Finally, the elephant took off and he and the clown marched around the ring. Then the clown went to the elephant and took its costume off. Here is was a little puppy. This was such a small part of the circus. Typing this story has taken longer than the act itself. Obviously, though, to a toddler, whose favorite little animals were combined into a tragic tale, this was not a small part of the circus. As I told Grumpa the story, Captain got emotional. When I asked him if this was what he was talking about, he said "yeah". Ever since, when we are talking to people about the circus, and even if we aren't, he starts talking about "Puppy broke. Elephant broke." And he still gets emotional about it. I hope he isn't traumatized. We have explained that it was just a story and that both the puppy and elephant are fine, but I have a feeling he isn't buying it.
Anyhow, I'm gonna caption these pictures and then get busy here at the house. Have a great rest of the week and I will for sure let you know how the Bazaar goes on Saturday.
Here is Nibble. This photo was taken today. A couple of weeks ago, I spied a shiny spot on his gum. Thinking that it was something that he had gotten into his mouth that he shouldn't have, I felt for it. It was hard and sharp. A tooth. I looked and there was a corresponding tooth on the other side. This is all the more reason to keep his name Nibble. He is now a vampire.
Sorry about my foot in the photo. This was this week one day. They were laying on the floor with their arms intertwined and I thought it was cute.
Look at those Baby Blues. A little model posing. His momma has him trained when the camera comes out.
The purchase from Target yesterday. It is the most perfect t-shirt for Captain. I almost cried when I saw it. I am going to save it for those particularly hard toddler days. Everything on here is true. I could fill up the whole back side of the shirt as well.
Here is a close up.
Captain getting ready for his big ride.
Captain and Grumpa E before they took off.
Coming around the first time. Not a happy camper.
Burbles didn't get a ride but she got a picture with Grumpa.
Mommy and Captain on the sled. He had a great time when we rode around. I think we could have done it for hours. I remember falling asleep on the snowmobile when I was younger.
This is the sad sight when Grumpa left for the trails. He and his girlfriend P and another couple when on a ride that afternoon. Captain chased them down the road. He kept calling "Grumpa, snowmobile ride. Grumpa, snowmobile ride." It almost made me cry.
The night of Fundi's party Grandpa G and the grand kids.
Getting ready for church. Burbles was fighting to not have to get dressed. Captain was helping chase her around with her sweater to put it on her.
One of this month's elephant photos.
When Mom's away, the kids will play. Fundi blended up some soup so that Captain would eat everything in it. By the looks of it, he enjoyed the soup.

1 comment:

chris wilke said...

That sure was quite a bit of stuff for "not have much to tell you." Hehe. Please do tell us how the bazaar goes.