Saturday, June 9, 2007

Captain Destructo and Burbles and Fundi

Right now both of the kids are sleeping. The boy, Captain Destructo--Captain for short (not his real name of course, but a nickname that we have given him over his first year), and the girl, Burbles--Captain's faithful sidekick, rarely nap at the same time, but they have managed to both get tired at the same time today and yesterday which leaves me with a little time to do what I need to do (like take a shower) and get some things done that I really don't have time to do... like post a blog. I don't have time to write in a diary. I used to keep one faithfully, but having a family really puts a damper on writing in a notebook. I have a hard enough time getting the bills paid or reading the recommended reading that the pediatrician gives us at well-baby visits. I don't really know how long the naps will last. I am hoping that noon will be when they wake up, but I can't really count on either of them to sleep that long as they have been sleeping since 10!
My husband--we'll call him Fundi-- is working today. He works 12 hour days, which means that he is involved in getting to and from work and getting ready for work approximately 14 hours a day. He sleeps for 6-8 more hours per day and then spends time with us with whatever is left of the 24 short hours of a day. He is a super-supportive and totally wonderful husband and father. I couldn't imagine a better match for me or our children.
So, that is our immediate family. The four of us get along pretty well. Our house may not be as clean as I would like it, and I can rarely keep both the washer and the dryer empty at the same time, but this is what we wanted. We wanted a family that would keep us busy and happy for years and years to come... and we have started that project.

No comments: