Saturday, June 9, 2007

Irish Twins

I'm new to blogging here. That being said, I think that I have plenty to say. The question really is if I have the time to say it.
I am a new mom... again. This time last year, I was a new mom too. My two kids were born 361 days apart, which means that they are "Irish Twins". The term is used to describe two babies born within one year of each other. You may ask... well why would anyone want to do that to themselves? Truth be told, we had a hard time conceiving our first baby. We used Clomid, a fertility drug, and were able to get pregnant with our first baby. The pregnancy was blissful and I enjoy (almost) every moment of it. Our son was born four days early and we were so excited to be new parents. We went to our six week appointment after the baby was born and the doctor asked what we planned on doing for birth control. We discussed our options and agreed that our best option was not to use anything and take our chances. Ten weeks later we were pregnant again. The second pregnancy was not so blissful and lasted longer than my husband and I anticipated. I delivered a healthy baby girl one day past my due date and four days before my son's first birthday. The babies are both happy (relatively) and healthy (as of right now).

No comments: