Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Decoration Photos for You

But first, a photo of the sunset from our house on Nov 27.And here are the kids by the tree. If you will notice: No bottom branches and the second layer has been left undecorated except for the lights... If you have to ask, you just don't have any idea.


One of my "Deals" on Black Friday. I had wanted some flowers for my Kick-Off show, but the poinsettia will last longer. Although, I do have to keep the kids far away.
Our stockings. We have no mantle so they hang on the wall.
The DemDaco set that Sister-in-Law J is building for me. This is what I got last year for Christmas/Birthday.
My snowmen. They are scattered throughout the house in an effort to prolong seasonal decoration from just Christmas to Winter. On top of that, I'm just not a big fan of Santas. I enjoy the lighter side of Christmas with blues and silvers. I like red and gold trees, they just aren't for me.
More snowmen. These guys are skiing and I thought Pink for Burbles and Blue for Captain.
Here is a built-in that I have. It is usually filled with knick-knacks, but I think I am going to turn it into seasonal decoration. The middle row is a family of penguins that I have been collecting to represent our family. The bottom row contains our first Christmas with Captain. This year, I purchased another photo frame from Kohl's (another "Deal") with four snowmen. I thought that it was great. Now I plan to buy a frame every year and put a new family picture in it to watch how we all grow and change as a family. I look forward to the years in the future when we can pull out all the old frames and put them around the house with memories past.
Also, I need to get you a picture of the picture that my Dad blessed me with. It is a piece of art that my mom selected and enjoyed. I am so excited to have it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I decorate with blue and white too! I am happy when I find others who do as well. I like the red and green, but the blues and silvers and whites seem more Winter Wonderland to me. Makes me happy:) I love the snowmen too! Also my bottom branches are free of ornaments as well. My "kids" won't leave them alone otherwise. hehe

theotherlion said...

OOHH. I knew there was a reason that we were all friends. I LOVE your snowmen. Blue and white snowmen make me so happy. Santas kinda bug me. I don't know why. I think Punkin is going to love Oma and Opa's tree. I wonder if they were as smart as you...... Probably not. =)