Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SLACKER...

Yeah, that is me. I guess. Well, as far as blogging is concerned. I really am, I guess. Even now, I am watching TV something with Gordon Ramsey and some restaurant that he doesn't like just because my VCR stopped playing Knocked Up, which is what I would prefer to be watching so that we can ship it off to NetFlix tomorrow and get another movie from our ever long (230-some-movie queue).
So, now I will tell you what I have been up to since I last blogged... pictures to follow sometime in the future... I decorated for Christmas so that everything would be ready by my kick-off show. I had invited an insane amount of people to come and was hoping to have holiday cheer and all of that jazz. I cleaned and cleaned and put away a bunch of stuff that really had been bothering me for a while in its ever knick-knackiness. Wednesday my sister E and DeDe came over and we hung out with them for a while and Fundi's Brother Blue was around with his wife M. That night we had Thanksgiving supper at Dad's house. That was the last time we will be having something there. He is renting the place out to the new pharmacist in town and his wife and daughter, so Dad packed up everything and moved downstairs. It is kinda sad for us but a great opportunity for my dad and for the house to get used properly. Lately, I have been going and going and going. I wake up in the morning and from that moment on, I am doing something, but Thursday morning (Thanksgiving), Fundi had off and I was going to sleep in, well, that is until Fundi knocked on the bedroom door and asked me (or told me) to get up. I come out to the worst kid situation yet. Captain was sick and throwing up. Now, I have been fortunate and never have really had to deal with this to this point, but he was dry-heaving, and continuously vomiting for six hours. He was such a pathetic little guy that day. We sat and cuddled and slept and Fundi and Burbles went to Fundi's parents' house for Thanksgiving meal. My boys WON!
Anyhow, so I asked my mother-in-law if she still planned to watch the kids so I could go shopping on Friday and she said, "Sure." So, she came and stayed overnight and I got up at 3:45 and drove the hour to the stores. We opened with Shopko, then Target, then Kohl's, then the mall, then Sam's Club, then Menards, then grabbed some pizza to go home with and then Shopko again, then Starbucks. Yup, we got home at about 7:30. In the meanwhile, Burbles managed to get puking sick. Good grief. I did manage to get some good deals, but it was a long day.
So Saturday was filled with the flu again from both end from both kids. I wasn't so keen on this, but thankful that I never really came down with whatever it was. So, anyhow, Sunday I didn't risk going to church with the kids because I didn't know if we would be safe. My dad and his girl-friend watched the kids while I went and did a show somewhere else and then had our home kick-off show here. It went well, but not as well as I had expected. I had put so much effort into the invites and the calls and the food and the decorations. The people that did show up seemed to really enjoy the books and I think that I got a good start, but it is just disappointing when you expect one thing and then it turns out being something else, even if that something else is not bad just not what you expected. I don't know if that made any sense.
I have gotten my first two orders in and one is on its way already. I feel like this is all really happening now. Reading is such an important part of life and I want to bring that to as many people as possible. I would love to work with the schools and the libraries to expose them to the great products we have to offer. I have been watching the other kids lately, too... with the help of Fundi, so that I can get my work done. I need to work on taking more pictures... on that note, I have a camera picked out that I would like for Christmas, so just in case anyone was wondering what I want :) just kidding :) but I am glad that I finally found a camera that I think would work out well for me and my family. If you want details, let me know, or if you know anything about digital cameras and have a particular camera that you like or know about, let me know.
Christmas decoration pictures and current photos of the kids to follow (sometime soon). Burbles has four teeth now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope Captain feels better soon! We put up our tree as well. I look forward to the pictures! I love to see how other people decorate. I will post mine soon too.