Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Yeah, I know...

It is no excuse really... to not write, but as I sit here at 6:45am and prepare for my day with my four little ones, I do assure you that I have been busy. My Business is starting off well. I have a few parties booked before Christmas and I am planning a Kick-Off Show for November 25th at 6pm. I'm excited. My first party didn't go so hot. Only one person showed, but it wasn't for lack of effort on my part. I did what I could and I was assured that I would have those days. It is too bad because I know that the hostess has lots of books on her wish list and would have liked to have a much larger party. It was opening of deer-hunting though, so I guess a lot of people were out and about and there were lots of things for women to do: craft shows, shopping, preparing meals for hunters, etc.
Sunday we woke up and I thought "Great, we have plenty of time to get ready for church..." At 7 I got the kids dressed and ready. Captain was in a good mood. I put him in his high chair and he ate pretty well. I got Burbles in her high chair as well and was feeding them both. Captain cottage cheese (his favorite) and Burbles her baby food. Pretty soon, Captain decided that Mommy wasn't good enough to feed him, so he wanted to use the spoon himself. Then he decided that that wasn't enough and he needed to scoop the cottage cheese up as well. Burbles finished eating and I was putting her in her car seat. It was 8:15. Church is at 8:30. I turned around and there was Captain with the bowl up to his mouth like a cup trying to drink the cottage cheese. That didn't work, so he dumped it down his shirt, face, pants... he had a MESS! So I quick got him out of the chair and got a new outfit for him and had him lying on the changing table. Well, above the changing table is a ledge and on that ledge used to be a few plants including a Christmas Cactus that is a family heirloom. I turned around to get something and he pulled that cactus down onto the changing table and then started screaming because he felt so bad. Well... I felt bad too. I was MAD. I changed his clothes, sat him on the chair and told him to stay there. Then he was sweetly saying "bye bye, hat" and I was so mad but had to feel for the poor kid. So I got his coat and gloves and hat on and sent him out the door to the van as I came behind with Burbles. We left a mess. Cottage cheese trail everywhere, cactus on the changing table, my half-eaten apple and peanut butter on the table, dirt on the floor... And I left the house with two screaming kids to go to church (a quiet place) while my poor husband attempted sleep with all of this ruckus.
I have gotten over being upset with Captain, obviously. Now we think the poor kid may have pink eye, so today I have to take him to the doctor to see what the doctor can do about it. Captain has never really had any medications (aside from fluoride and an occasional dose of Tylenol) and he is not one to sit still, so I don't know how well he will tolerate eye drops. As far as we know though, everyone else is doing fine. We are getting used to WDW as he is getting used to us. It is much easier to get smiles out of him now and he even giggles when the tickle hand starts coming for him. Burbles is crawling... well, kind of. She gets up on all fours and then lurches herself as far as she can forward. She gets around really quickly this way and I wonder if she ever will learn to really crawl. Fundi and I are doing OK. Fundi has been working and has been helping a lot with the kids so that I can learn my business and really get off to a strong start. He took the kids a couple of times last week out shopping so that I could work in peace. I have been working and trying to learn the business. I have also been preoccupied the last couple days with getting ready for Christmas (really getting ready for my Kick-Off Show). I am doing the things that I have wanted to do for a while... cleaning up the clutter... putting stuff away that is just stuff and not really meaningful to us. My dad's girlfriend P and I went to a craft fair on Sunday after church and I got a few neat Christmas-y items. I tend to lean more to the snowmen and penguins as they can stretch the snow season past Christmas without having to re-decorate. I enjoy seasonal decorating, I guess. I moved the plants that were on the ledge and put them way up high so that I can't even reach them to water them. I would like to get flowers or something for my Kick-off show, but we'll have to see.

BACHELOR SPOILERS:
Also, just a side note about a certain Bachelor... HE SUCKS! He had two great women to chose from and didn't HAVE to propose. He could have just been like, well, I have to see, but instead he sent 'em both down the road. What a complete arse. Is he too good for both of them? I'm sorry. I guess I really did like the guy all season. He seemed to have a big heart and had feelings for a lot of the women, but to make them go through all of that and then send them both home? I am sure the women feel terrible too. I can see tolerating there being another woman, but that neither of them were chosen would make me feel like they were not good enough for him, either of them. HOW SAD :(

OK, well, I think the first ones are stirring, so I best be going. Hope all is well with you in cyber land. Can't wait to tell you about the busy busy Thanksgiving weekend. I get to spend time with both of our families. Mine on Wednesday, Fundi's on Thursday. Shopping on Friday. Church and preparations on Saturday. Sunday I have a show at 1 and then my Kick-Off show at 6.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! Watch a little football that day, too and cheer on the Pack. My boyfriend has to spend Thanksgiving playing football. Oh, and as my Priest would say. On Thanksgiving (or any other major eating holidays), "Anything that is brown has no calories."

No comments: