Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween Photos 1

Last night we went first to a Haunted Halloween Walk and then to a Halloween Party. Everything was fun. Everyone was in a good mood. And, best of all, the costumes worked out. Everyone left the house in one piece and came back in one piece. Thank goodness.
The party was a good time. There were lots of young ones running around having a blast. They were all dressed up sooo cute. I think my favorite (other than my own) was a "Pile of Leaves". The kid was wearing clothes that had leaves sewn all over them. It was terribly cute and now I wish I had gotten a picture.
So here ya go: A "Gorilla Brown-Bagging It"
Our family: Miss Kitty, Mr. Puppy, A Gorilla Brown-Bagging It, The Lunch (a banana)
The Gorilla holding the banana tight (did you know that bananas screech and squeal?) Click on the photo to see the banana's sticker.
Captain found a hand and ran around with it throughout the evening. It was funny because at times he would put the hand up to his head and it looked like he was saying "Man, have I got a headache!"
Miss Peacock was my Maid of Honor in my wedding. Their family is the family who threw the party.

Captain on the way home. He was all tuckered out. Look at him and his cute little puppy babies.

The banana costume was really easy to make. I took an X-Small t-shirt from Target ($10). I cut off the sleeves at about the elbow. Then, I hand stitched a little hem on the sleeves and then gathered the sleeves so that her hands wouldn't get lost in the fabric. I took one of the sleeves that I cut and stitched around the finished end and gathered that together to make the top of the banana. The unfinished end stretched really well and fit her head. I put cream colored tights and onesie on under the outfit and away we went.

The other costumes were not so creative. I was a black cat: black clothes, purchased tail and ears ($10). Fundi was a Gorilla Brown-Bagging It: a dress shirt and tie, purchased gorilla mask and hands ($20). Captain was a puppy: Black cords, white onesie, brown shoes, puppy costume purchased at a garage sale ($3). I did buy makeup for my whiskers ($4). So, for under $50, our whole family celebrated Halloween. We will use the costumes again on Wednesday night for Trick-or-Treating. I can't wait! My sister E is supposed to be coming with her 2 in 12s who are the same age as Captain and Burbles.

2 comments:

theotherlion said...

Look at you go, super-mommy! You all look so cute! I love the bananna, especially. That is funny. I'll be lucky if I can get Punkin to put on his Elmo costume. I think he's afraid of it!

Anonymous said...

The bananna sticker is the best part! You all look so cute. Very creative on the costumes. I am glad you all got in the spirit.