Saturday, October 20, 2007

Moving Forward.... Literally

The newest member of our family has now started moving forward. Burbles is adamant about getting anything that looks remotely interesting, even if it means going all the way across the room to get it. This may not seem like a big deal, but it is. Really. This is going to change our world. Again. When a baby starts forward motion (as opposed to backward motion or round-in-circles motion), we start a whole new stage in babyproofing. This means that we will need to watch her around cords, stairs, feet, basically anthing that is on the floor or that could touch the floor. We need to be extra careful not to let anything get on the floor that we do not want her to have, chew on, suck on, or otherwise put in her little mouth. This means more vacuuming for me.
In other news:
The six month and eighteen month check-ups went well. Dr. Loo (as Captain calls him) says that everything looks great and that both kids look wonderful. He even said that it was the easiest 18 month check-up that he has ever done. (That is what he said at the 12 month check-up.) Both kids survived the shots. And my sister B and I survived the longerthanlong day in the pouring rain with four kids in car seats. (Niece M, sister-in-law J's girl, and Nephew WDW, Sister B's boy, came with.)
I have started shopping online. Not just a little shopping, but I will be seeing the UPS guy three times in the next week. I ordered diapers and swipers, sling rings, and a Pumpkin Carving Book. How exciting.
You know what, Jennie, remember when you had the idea for a blogging system that would just read your thoughts and channel them into a blog? Well, I would like one of those. Yesterday, right before I headed off for a nap with Burbles, I had this oh-so-clever blog thought out. Except that Burbles was already sleeping on my lap and I was kinda getting drowsy, so I didn't get up and go write it. That means that today, as I sit here trying to remember what I was thinking about writing, I am getting frustrated.
Captain got his daily dose of licopene yesterday... drinking two little cups of catsup... pictures to follow. Sister-in-law J, please please let me post them. :)
Gotta go to Croptober Fest. Write more later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I will share the ketcup picture! Ketchup face on Captain is so very wonderful. Shall I give him a some ketcup packets for Christmas?

Anonymous said...

Croptober fest? I hope you elaborate.:)

Steven Tyler's PJs said...

See!?!?! Life would be so much easier on clever creative people if we had a Tommyknockers-style typewriter (computer) that would automatically help us put down our thoughts. The average person thinks 700 thoughts per minute. No one can type that fast, especially when they're nodding off while cuddling.