Saturday, October 27, 2007

I love my kids

So today they are better. I don't know what came over them yesterday, but it is over and done with. At least for the most part.
They have been behaving well today and I hope it carries into tonight. We will be attending our first Halloween party this evening at a nice house (we were there already today and Captain did part of his investigating) that has lots of things for Captain to explore. I hope that he doesn't frighten at the costumes. I hope Burbles doesn't either, for that matter. That is the one things, I guess, is not knowing what the reaction might be when we actually get there.
Burbles has started to lift her hand and put it down again while in the all-fours position. I think this means that she will be on the move soon.
I am excited about the costumes for tonight. I'll post pictures and you'll have to tell me what you think. My costume isn't anything interesting, really, but all of the other costumes are cute. I made Burbles' costume this afternoon while both of the kids were napping (I don't know how that happened... if I did, don't you think I would get it to happen more often?). I made it. That's right, all by myself... you'll see. I kinda got the idea from a magazine that said to make costumes out of oversized shirts.
Last night, Fundi and I went to the nearest big city and went to Menards. We shopped and shopped. Finally, we walked out of there with lots and lots and lots of flourescent light bulbs---not the long, skinny ones, but the ones for home lighting. Did you know that they now make flourescent lighting for flood lights, dimmable flood lights, dimmable regular lighting, and three-way lights. In our effort to save money, we had to spend money, but I was assured by the packaging that over the life of each bulb I would save exorbitant amounts of money. I sure hope that it is true... and that I am helping the environment.
I'm terribly excited to carve pumpkins. I now have tracked down five pumpkin carving books. This may seem ridiculous, but we plan on carving pumpkins for a long, long time with our kids, so give me a break. I'm excited.
I have to go... something weird is going on with my computer... I will let you know what it is. Alice, that email that you sent about a quiz that you created... when I opened that, it started freaking my computer out. I suggest you run a spysweep program as well as an anti-virus. I'll let you know what my system finds. Oh, and I agree, it probably was the moon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The quiz runs a flash program. Could that be the problem? You should post pics of the pumkins too! I think carving is fun:)