Monday, October 8, 2007

Last night

Well... last night went OK. Fundi and I coughed all night. Everytime we coughed, Burbles (sleeping only feet away in her pack and play) woke up and fussed and then fell back to sleep. I wonder if we shouldn't put her pack and play in the living room. Still close enough for us to hear but far enough that we will not disturb. Poor Fundi had to get up at a little after 4 this morning. The last time I looked at the clock before I finally fell asleep was after 2 am. Late, yes, but I seem to be doing fairly well today considering the lack of sleep. Then, this morning I got both the kids going and everyone got breakfast and played for a while. At about 11 I gave Burbles her bottle and then put her in the crib with the mobile going. Shortly after that, I checked on her and her eyes were just going closed. Precious site really. She slept until after 1. At 1 I laid Captain down and he slept until after 3. I tried to get Burbles to go back to sleep this afternoon, but so far she hasn't taken me up on my offer to rock and feed her and then let her drift peacefully asleep. She wants to play with Captain instead. So, right now, they are only feet away looking at each other and giggling and chattering between the two of them. They say two kids this young can't play with each other, but I think they can.
A few days before Burbles was born, Fundi and I were talking about how much we loved Captain. How our love grows for him each day and how we are more in love with him with every little thing he discovers or figures out. We discussed how hard it was going to be to find a place for all that love that we would need for our new baby. We commented on how difficult it was going to be to make sure that we loved them the same and that we loved the second baby as much. I am sure all parents of more than one child go through this at some point in time, but we hadn't talked about it in our family until days before our second child was born. Fundi assured me that everything would be alright. I still had my reservations. To this day, I don't know how it works. God allows for that love to not be divided but to multiply. That loved grows and grows on a daily basis. I can also see that love growing for the two of them. I watch in amazement and wonder as they interact and go about their busy lives. I not only have to love my husband and my two kids but I also have to love the interactions and bonds that my kids have with their father and the interactions and bonds that they have with each other. It is a miracle and a mystery. I will never understand it, but really, should we respect what we can't possibly understand?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been under the weather for about a week and a half now too. I hate that part of this season. I'm not sure if mine is a cold though. I hate docs though so I'll keep suffering for another week! lol

Anonymous said...

I love to watch my two play. I think they started as soon as Little Man could smile--maybe he was about 2m and Little Miss 10m. So now you have corroborative evidence. Little guys, at least 2in12s, definitely interact. It's the best part of my day, too!

Erin