Monday, August 13, 2007

Annoying Things

Disclaimer: Please do not read this if you are easily offended or become easily paranoid. I am not talking about anyone in particular and I am not trying to make anyone upset with me; however, this is my blog and I wanted to put this out there... so here goes:

1. When people insist that they talk about themselves but will not listen when it is the other person's turn to talk.

2. When people are rude to other people for no reason. Some people just feel that they should be able to storm through the grocery store and expect the crowds to part as they proceed down the aisles (same goes for driving cars). There is enough room in this world for everyone.

3. When people curse and are belligerent. I don't want my kids to learn all the bad habits that other people have and I just don't like to hear that nonsense.

4. Smoking.

5. Dick on Big Brother. He curses and smokes and he is rude to people, the epitome of my annoyances. Yuck.

6. Gossip. I like to know what is going on just like other people do, but there comes a time when a person needs to know that it is just none of their business to tell other people about something that is none of their business.

7. When a person is always rushing about making themselves look busy and always on the run. In this world, people are moving so fast that they forget about taking time to spend time with others (family and friends especially). People are constantly "plugged in" to their phones, TVs, computers, cell-phones, texting, etc. and forget about interacting with the people that are right there with them. Case in point: I saw four people out to eat when we were in California--three of them were on the phone with other people.

8. People who are mean. People who are mean and say things to other people to make them hurt instead of saying things that can help other people. People who are mean make other people's lives a little more difficult and make people unsure of themselves. Mean People Suck.

9. When people blame their kids' behavior on one thing or another when really they should just discipline. TVs and video games are not babysitters. Good quality time with real people is what will make the difference in a kid's life.

10. Kids on cell phones. People that can't drive shouldn't have a cell phone. People that are driving shouldn't talk a lot on their cell phones and shouldn't text AT ALL. This is multitasking gone too far.

11. People who can't make decisions. Some people just always have to check in with someone else before they can make a decision. If a person is secure in who they are, they should be able to make most decisions that concern them. I'm not talking about buying a house or some other large decision, but more day to day decisions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm offended. Guessing this is why you asked me if I read your Blog. Now you know for sure that I do.

Andrea said...

OK, so thing is... I did say that if you were easily offended not to read that post. Whoever you are. Furthermore, I also said that the post was not directed at anyone in particular. So I'm sorry that I offended. If we need to talk, you can email me or post to me again.

jerryA said...

I came across your blog randomly through google and can relate with you when you find #6 and #11 extremely annoying. =] It's nice to read someone has the same thoughts on such as I do haha.