Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ugh...

Ok, so I haven't written lately but I have a good excuse... or a few of them.
I had surgery on Friday--nothing major, but nothing I want to put on here either, but don't worry, I'm doing fine. That night we went out to Chinese with Dad and then went to a summer outdoor concert. Polka was the music and the kids loved it. Captain was so cute and offered a leaf to a little girl his age (like flowers) and walked around with her a little.
This weekend was busy but fun. Saturday was a recovery day and Fundi's Mom came out and baked at our house all day. It has been rainy for so long. We are supposed to continue to get rain. Counties near us have been flooded and there are people that have died in the floods as well. We are fortunate to not have to worry about our house ever being flooded. Fundi said something like "I think I should get another boat just in case." I said "OK, Noah." We live high on a hill and if we were ever flooded out, the whole world would be in trouble.
I'm also working on putting together a Mary Kay Party. I also want to have an Usborn Books Party but I haven't scheduled that yet.
Sunday we went to a church Fall Festival at a neighboring parish. The Mass was a Polka Mass and we all really enjoyed it. Captain wiggled as usual, but he was dancing too. Then we walked around the Festival grounds and then went to Target. When we got into town, Fundi remarked on how there were no cars out and about. I attributed it to the fact that it was Sunday. We shopped and got our nephew a birthday gift. Then as we were leaving town, we noticed quite a few news crews from large stations near us. I said that something major must have been going on. Here there were towns that had been evacuated and people that had their houses moved away by the floods. There was lots of flooding and there still is. With more rain on the way, lots of people are going to be out of their houses for quite a while.
That afternoon we went to my sister-in-law's house for our nephew's birthday party. We all had a good time and ended up staying there way past the kids' bedtimes. Captain got to play in rain puddles for the first time and was wet to his knees afterward, but I thought it was a great learning experience and he sure seemed to have fun doing it.
My sister B and her family are sick with a cold which would suck.
Yesterday we went to the doctor again and afterward we went shopping for house stuff... like screws, nails, glue, lead test kits (more on this later), and some other stuff we needed so that Fundi could work on his Honey Do list. That is what he is doing right now actually and he is doing a good job. We are working on converting most of the lights in our house to fluorescent.
We also went in search of the ever elusive BPA-Free bottle (If you don't know about this ask as it is important to your child's health and well-being). Then I picked up a few supplies for scrapbooking which I will be working on entirely tomorrow (Fundi is watching the kids and I get to go to a scrapping classroom and work ALL DAY!). Fundi has the camera in the truck or I would put pics on here of Captain in the puddle, but I'll do that later.

1 comment:

theotherlion said...

wanna add a pampered chef party to your list?? =)
i hope you are feeling okay.
MUAH!
i heart you,
alice