Friday, August 3, 2007

I know it has been forever...

I know it has taken me a long time to get back on here, but I hope someone is still reading...
We returned from Cali about a week ago and we got the computer back on Wednesday. It is Friday, yes, but I have been busy working on stuff around the house and other fun things like visiting a new baby nephew (more on that later).
Now for a funny story. This morning at 4am Burbles squaked and I went to get her, but before that I went to the bathroom and got her bottle. I heard something on the deck walking back and forth like someone walking with a rolling suitcase across the deck. Being a little disoriented because of the time of day and a little worried that it was someone and not something, I woke Fundi up. (Only he really was already up and was going to be getting out of bed for work soon anyway.) I told him what I had heard and that I wanted to go check it out with him. So, we creeped past the baby room (by then Burbles had fallen back to sleep) and out to the kitchen. We listened and we could still hear it, so to surprise it we turned on the lights and unlocked the door and looked outside. There was nothing on the deck, but whatever it was was in the soffet and came right to where the light was and then followed us the length of the deck as we walked toward the garage to see if the thing was on the roof or in the gutter... nope, it was in the soffet, like I said before. We don't know what it was. It wasn't just a little mouse though, skittering around. It was definately big and we could hear it in our room which is on the opposite side of the house from where the soffet is. AHHH! I hope it doesn't come back and I hope that it can get out. I don't want something to die up there and then have to smell it all the time and figure out how we are going to get it out. Yuck! And it freaked me out and I don't want to have to listen to it walking back and forth all night ever again. Creepy!
Anyhow, enough of that... good news is that the kids continued to sleep through the whole fiasco, so that was good.

No comments: