Monday, August 13, 2007

Church--Brown-noser

Yesterday at church, the sermon was about being a brown-noser to God. The Priest talked about how it is so important to not just act well for God when you think he is watching and to recognize that God is watching all the time and that it is so important to always do your best. The Priest also compared our relationships with God to our relationship with our significant other. We expect our partners to be loyal to us and to make sure that their actions and their words match the fact that they are loyal to us, but sometimes with God we are not as loyal as we should be. Do we put more importance on money or things than God? Do we put alcohol or drugs before our relationship with God? At some point in time, we all stray from our relationship with God, but yesterday I was reminded that I need to keep my faith a priority along with my family. I also need to be sure to make sure that my actions and what I say follow through with my relationship with God. This will also help my family to stay strong.

2 comments:

Steve's Brother said...

Andrea

I agree with both of you! Your heart will be at much more peace when you aren't looking over your shoulder so to speak to see if God saw that whatever. AND, your husband and kids will be helped and encouraged by the peace and integrity (think of the root word integrate - literally to put all the parts of your life: what you think and believe and what you say and do together) they see growing in your life.
Cool Post!
Kudos to your priest
ksk<><(Steve's Brother)
BTW, no, you don't know me nor I you.

Andrea said...

I don't know if you will read this or not, but it was nice to have a comment on my Church stuff. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't put it out there because it opens me up to all sorts of criticism, but at the same time, I feel that I am not being a good Christian if I don't put it out there... so I do and I wait...